CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED
Free Admission & Free Parking/Children Register for Prizes
Rain or Shine 2020
Heritage Day will have sections of the Rose River for Children 12 and under to fish on for both April 4 and April 5. There will be sections of the Rose River and Robinson River stocked for adults and children over the age of 12. Exhibits and food will be available on Saturday, April 4, 2020.Trout Unlimited will be on the river to assist kids with fishing. Craft vendors will be set up as well for 2020.
- Registration begins at 8 a.m. and lasts until 3 p.m. Prizes given away every hour starting at 10 a.m.
- Every child 12 and under will receive a gift for registering . Graves Mountain Lodge will have food available for sale at the picnic pavilion and also at the Main Lodge.
- Hay rides will be provided by Graves Mountain Farm, with stops at Graves Mountain Farm and Graves Mountain Catch -n- Pay Trout Pond.
- Syria Mercantile (a country store located in Syria) has bait, tackle, sandwiches, snacks, beverages, seeds, fishing licenses and more.
- Children, 15 and under do not need a fishing license.
- More information call 540-923-4231.
- 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM Registration (All children registering receive free gift) Prizes given out every hour starting at 9:00 AM
- 8:00 AM – Graves Mountain will have food for sale
- 9:00 AM Children fishing starts (Must be 12 years old or younger) There will be other areas for fishing for adults
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Graves Catch and Pay Trout pond will be open for fishing for purchase.
- 9:00 AM Trout Unlimited members will be on the river to assist children with fishing.
- 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Craft Vendors are open
- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Exhibits are open – DEQ, Forestry, DCR, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia Cooperative Extension
- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Trout Unlimited – Fly tying demo and instructional, Stream Monitoring (Macroinvertebrates), Casting Demo
- Solitude Lake Management – Boat display with live fish
- VA Game and Inland Fisheries – Hunting Simulator, Stuffed Animals, Snakes (weather permitting)
- Culpeper Soil and Water – Soil Tunnel, Stream Monitoring (Macroinvertebrates)
- Master Naturalists – Animal Tracks
- Master Gardeners – Native Plants
- Hay Rides to Graves Mountain Farm, Graves Trout Pond
- 10:30 Harry Murray presentation on fishing in the Park plus casting demo